At Wj Office we want you to get to know us better.
We’ve created 10 questions to give you an insight into the people who make up the WJ Office family.
You’ll discover the people behind the imagery and be intrigued with who we are. You’ll meet the emotion behind our motion. And with each introduction, which we’ll be doing each month, it will make you want to read more.
10 Questions for Neville Chaney – President
- What is your best childhood memory? Summertime as a 14 year old. I had a friend with a swimming pool. His neighbor had a croquet course in his back yard that was always set up, a pool table, and a ping pong table. He gave us his permission to use all three and kept his basement door unlocked for us to come and go as we pleased. Each day I would go to the friend’s house with the pool (along with two other friends). The four of us would swim for a while, play croquet for a while, and then play pool and ping pong all day long. THAT was living!
- If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently? I would have been less trusting of a business partner that I had (not WJ Office) who was not honest.
- What do you feel most proud of? My family. I selected the love of my life (and she says that she selected me) who has been a wonderful wife, mother, and grandmother. We have raised two sons who have integrity, work hard, and have selected the spouse that I would have chosen for them if that were part of our culture. They have provided us with grandchildren that I love to be with and they are good parents as well. Though there has been adversity, God has granted us so much to be thankful for each day.
- What is your favorite music? I like the rock ‘n roll of the 60’s and 70’s. Good sing along and dance music.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? I’d like to travel in the western states, visit the wine country, the mountains of Montana, the forests of Washington, and the canyons of Utah and Nevada. I’d like to visit the national parks and hope to do that before too long.
6. What do you want your tombstone to say? “Loved his God, his family, his fellow man.”
- How do you spend your free time? Watching sports, reading, learning, church work, golf, exercising, and hiking.
- What was your most embarrassing moment? For most folks who play golf, it was on a golf course. I’m no different. On the final hole of a golf tournament, with a gallery of 60-80 people watching, I swung at the ball and somehow hit it about head high. My divot went about 25 yards and my ball came straight down into the hole that I had created with my club. I wanted to crawl into the hole after the ball.
9. If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? Peace on earth. Historically, man has always had the desire to conquer another. In the Bible, one passage remarks that “now it was the season for war.” My question is why? Why do we have to conquer and dominate each other. Why cannot we live in peace with those who have an opposing view? I would love to be able to witness a point in time where all races, religions, and nationalities can understand that we were made to live peacefully and love one another.
10. How would your friends describe you? It would depend on which friend you ask. Your questions are very thought provoking, but I really don’t have an answer for this one. I would hope that they would be charitable with their comments.
Photo: This is with Nate’s son, Samuel! Samuel Alson Chaney. He’s a fourth generation “Alson”